Meet our new Learning Assistants of Dataquest!

Hi everyone,

I’m delighted to announce the re-launching of a great initiative of Dataquest: selecting Learning Assistants and Community Moderators of our Community! :heart_eyes: :partying_face: :mega:

The Learning Assistant program aims to incentivize all members of the Community to cultivate an important lifelong skill of helping their peers.

You can find all the details of the program and the selection criteria here.

Don’t worry if you missed a tier by just an inch – this is a recurring program. So, you can cover the remaining questions or project reviews and become eligible for rewards when I announce the next cohort in just a few weeks!

Before announcing the first cohort of Learning Assistants of this year, let me answer a couple of questions you might have about the program.

1. How to avail your free subscription?

We’ll automatically add the free extension to your current subscription on the day of the announcement.

2. How to share your certificate of volunteering?

You’ll receive your Dataquest Learning Assistant (for Tier-3 Learning Assistants) or Dataquest Community Moderator (for Community Moderators) certificate within a few days of the announcement. Here are some ways you can make the most of it:

• I would encourage you to mention this on your resume as:

Volunteered as a Learning Assistant for Dataquest

or, respectively:

Volunteered as a Community Moderator for Dataquest

• You can share your certificate as a picture in a post on LinkedIn, Twitter, or other social media. Tell them about your experiences, what you learned, and what motivated you.

• You can also flaunt it in front of your LinkedIn connections by adding it to your profile: select Add profile section under your profile’s header, select Add volunteer experience, and fill in the pop-up form. (Note: you can’t add it to the normal Licences and Certifications section on LinkedIn since this doesn’t certify any new academic knowledge.)

Now, please join me in congratulating our amazing Learning Assistants! :confetti_ball: :tada:

Tier 1 Learning Assistants:

@veratsien and @aravinthbalakrishnan

Congratulations on receiving:

• A shiny new Learning Assistant badge in the Community :tada:

Tier 2 Learning Assistants -

@adam.kubalica and @artur.sannikov96

• 1 month of free Dataquest Premium :rocket:

Keep helping your peers to gain more rewards, knowledge, and gratification! You are making our Community a better place for learning and networking! :star_struck::fire:

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Please join me in congratulating our new amazing Learning Assistants! :confetti_ball: :tada:
(check here the updated criteria of selection and rewards)

Tier 1 Learning Assistants:

@emilywhite and @Edelberth

• A shiny new Learning Assistant badge in the Community :tada:

Tier 2 Learning Assistant:

@Zubair

• 4 weeks of free Dataquest Premium :star2:
  • Exclusive access to testing & QA new Dataquest content

Tier 3 Learning Assistants:

@jesmaxavier and @adam.kubalica

• 6 weeks of free Dataquest Premium
  • A certificate of Dataquest Learning Assistant (currently, we are in the process of redesigning certificates, will send them to you as soon as they are ready)

Tier 4 Learning Assistants:

@artur.sannikov96, @jithins123, @brayanopiyo18, and @alegiraldo666

• Invitation to join the Dataquest moderating team as a Community Moderator :nerd_face::rocket: (will be sent to each of you soon)
  • 3 months of Dataquest Premium access which will be extended as long as you keep your Community Moderator status (6 solutions AND/OR actionable feedbacks on the learners’ projects monthly)
  • The ability to join Dataquest in hosting a live webinar
  • The ability to create video content/tutorials for Dataquest and be recognized by Dataquest publicly
  • A personal recommendation letter from Dataquest that you can use during your job search

Keep helping your peers to gain more rewards, knowledge, and gratification! You are making our Community a better place for learning and networking! :star_struck::fire:

10 Likes

Suuuper!!!
:heart_eyes:

Thx!

A&E.

1 Like

Now that is an awesome news! Thank you so much @Elena_Kosourova for appreciating the time spent on DQ. It is been almost 2 years here on this platform and it is very rewarding. Thanks again for creating this beautiful community and would love to be an active part of it.
Also, congratulations to all new and old Learning Assistants. You all make this community a great place to learn.

3 Likes

Thank you, Jithin, for being always incredibly helpful to our Community, supporting and helping the other learners in many ways! :heart_eyes::balloon:

2 Likes

This so great Elena, and much pleased to join the DQ moderating team as a Community Moderator, thanks a lot .I am more than happy for this :star_struck:and ready to continue having positive engagement with students in this community.

Congratulations to new Learning Assistants and let’s continue making DQ community great :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :cupcake:

3 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova thank you! I appreciate the recognition and hope to be a supportive member of the community as we go along.

Congrats to all the others who have been mentioned. You guys make the difference in this community!!
Cheers :beers:

4 Likes

Congrats folks! Some of you have already helped me before becoming assistants. I hope this elevates your skills and learning even further. Good luck and I hope to interact with any and all of you in the future.
Cheers

5 Likes

Congratulations! I am also already benefitting from you and looking up to the new learning assistants. I’m sure all who receive your mentorship here are willing to give letters and proof of your work in mentorship as well. Congrats!

5 Likes

Congrats all and welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Please join me in congratulating our new amazing Learning Assistants! :confetti_ball: :tada:
(check here the updated criteria of selection and rewards)

Tier 2 Learning Assistant:

@evelin.kanda and @Edelberth

• 4 weeks of free Dataquest Premium :star2:

Tier 4 Learning Assistants:

@dash.debasmita

• Invitation to join the Dataquest moderating team as a Community Moderator :nerd_face::rocket: (will be sent to you soon)
  • 3 months of Dataquest Premium access which will be extended as long as you keep your Community Moderator status (6 solutions AND/OR actionable feedbacks on the learners’ projects monthly)
  • The ability to join Dataquest in hosting a live webinar
  • The ability to create video content/tutorials for Dataquest and be recognized by Dataquest publicly
  • A personal recommendation letter from Dataquest that you can use during your job search

5 Likes

My most sincere congratulations to @evelin.kanda and @dash.debasmita

I feel very grateful to @Elena_Kosourova and the whole team of DQ for taking into account those small details that make the work of each day go better.

A&E.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to study much or participate in the community the last couple of weeks, so this is a huge surprise for me. Thank you, I’m very grateful! Congratulations to @dash.debasmita and @Edelberth !

3 Likes

You are very welcome, Evelin! :star_struck:

The criteria of becoming a Learning Assistant of a certain tier are cumulative, so it’s not a problem that you weren’t active recently. You can read those criteria here. In short, they are based on solved technical questions, or reviewed projects of other students, or combination of both activities (there are the exact numbers for each of these 3 scenarios). Exactly in you case, you’ve solved 7 technical questions :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova Glad I could help.
Congrats @Edelberth @evelin.kanda !!!

4 Likes

congratulations to all of them, I’d be more active from now often to I can enjoin this largesse also

1 Like

congratulations sir, you’ve been very helpful

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you in one of our next cohorts of Learning Assistants and Community Champions, @OlutokiJohn! :star_struck: :partying_face:

1 Like