LIMITED TIME OFFER: 50% OFF OF PREMIUM WITH OUR ANNUAL PLAN (THAT'S $294 IN SAVINGS).
GET OFFER

My 2nd Guided Project: Exploring Hacker News Posts

Hello everyone,

It’s my first time to post something in this community. I finished the guided project.
I am not good at typing comments in my codes, but I am still practicing. :slightly_smiling_face:
If you find something that is not clear, please feel free to let me know. Thank you. :grin:

Link to the mission screen

Dataquest Project 2.ipynb (20.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Albert

4 Likes

Congratulations on your guided project. :tada:

Kindly correct the bullet numbering. It is showing '1' in every bullet numbering.

Everything else seems good according to me. Great going. :+1:t4:

Wow! Thank you for pointing out! I will try to fix it. :grin:

1 Like

If you want to be more adept in communicating your analysis to “non-technical” audiences and to add it into your porfolio as a Data Scientist / Data Analyst, you may want to view this article created by DataQuest themselves. It teaches you proper way to integrate inline / block comments and Markdown so that “non-technical” audiences can understand your code even though they don’t know how to code (this is for the employers who only want to know if you are capable of communicating your analysis and they will do this by skimming, also mentioned in the article).

Congrats and Happy Learning!

1 Like

Congratulations on finishing the project. Like others mentioned, code looks good and you can always comment more to make it easily readable for everyone.

I quite like how you converted the timezone to Taipei standard time in the conclusion. This is something I missed when I did my project. If you had mentioned # adding 12 hours to convert it to TST, it would have been easier to understand. Well inline commenting is as easy as that, I believe. So you won’t have much difficulty in practicing that in the upcoming projects. Good luck with next projects.

1 Like

Thank you for the useful information!

1 Like

wow. you did well.
thank you for the time conversion: I was able to do mine from yours. :blush: :grin: