My answer to: Guided Project: Star Wars Survey

Hi everyone!

I’ve just completed another guided project on my DataQuest course, and I would like to share it here.

Here’s the URL of the last mission screen of the Guided Project and the notebook (.ipynb file):

Star Wars survey.ipynb (132.7 KB)

I’ve also created for the first time a GitHub profile and uploaded this project as a start point (I hope I did it right). You can find it here.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @alvaro.viudez! Thanks for sharing your project with the Community :slight_smile: I like that you invested time in making the code easy to read with useful and informative comments. Moreover, your conclusions are brief but insightful, well done!

However, here is some feedback:

• Make sure not to copy from DataQuest. Paraphrase the introduction and maybe even ask the question you have
  • That’s great that your plots have x and y labels but where are the titles?
  • Also increase the size of the plots to make them more readable. I recommend you to have a look at the book by Cole Knaflic “Storytelling with Data”. You can read my article on how to improve the plots that demonstrates many tips from that book :slight_smile: You can also read the article “How to pick more beautiful colors for your data visualizations”
  • The use of the bold text in conclusions should be purposeful. It’s better to make only a few words bold rather than the whole sentences
  • Why didn’t you go on with comparing Star Trek and Star Wars fans?

I hope my feedback is helpful. Happy coding and good luck with your next project :smile:

1 Like

Hi @artur.sannikov96 !

Thank you very much for your feedback :slight_smile: I find it really useful!

It’s true that along these guided projects I’m mostly copying text from DataQuest, as I know once I start my own projects I’ll have to write everything myself, so now I prefer to be more dedicated to improving my coding and analysis skills. But you’re absolutely right, this would need to end soon :slight_smile:

Besides, I’ve added those articles to my reading list and I’ll read them soon (I hope you’ll find in my next project some of these hints applied!).

I’ve also dedicated my time only to the fundamental parts of this and other projects (I want to keep advancing on this training! :slight_smile: ), so yes, comparison with Star Trek fans and other additional analysis remain unknown so far in my projects.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback!

1 Like

I know once I start my own projects I’ll have to write everything myself - it’s better to start it right away because now you have some help from DQ, and just need to paraphrase their text while when you start creating your personal projects, this will be much more difficult.

2 Likes