My answer to: Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates

Hi all!

I would like to share another data project I’ve just completed on my DataQuest path. Any feedback on it would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

This is the last mission screen of the Guided Project

Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates.ipynb (129.8 KB)

Thanks everyone!

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

3 Likes

Hello @alvaro.viudez
I really love the energy you’ve put to document the step to step exploration you used to analyze the euro exchange rates dataset. I’ve loved how you’ve come up with the last graph, neatly written code and nicely generated graphic.
Some things to note:

1. Since you are working with Jupyter notebook, it would be better NOT to use the print function when printing a data frame, this is because it doesn’t work great on wide data frames and the information printed can’t show the tabular information nicely. As a workaround, you can just use the display function. In case you don’t have it, you can install the Ipython module.

Jupyter notebook has a great display functionality therefore any last line code in a cell need not use the display function, ie, exchange_rates.head() will display without using display or print.

1. The goal of the project: As a data scientist or a reader, it would be great to know what you are trying to do or know the objective of the project. Kindly note down in the first cell the goal of the project.
  2. Conclusion:Summarize some of the key findings or insights you’ve gotten from doing the project. This can be the last part of the project. Others usually indicate Recommendations, ie, the next steps that should be undertaken based on the key insights found.
1 Like

Hi @info.victoromondi ,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your thorough feedback!!

I didn’t know about that display function, but I’ve just tried it, and the output looks much easier to read!!

About your second and third points - you’re absolutely right. I still have to work on improve the text that goes with all the coding.

Thank you again for your time!!

1 Like

Great work Alvaro, my question is, are you familiar with the financial market before, I am astounded as to how you were able to break it down.

1 Like

Hi @johnndammy ,

Thank you very much for your kind words! However, I must admit that I’m not familiar with the financial market -beyond regular daily terms-. However, the course on DataQuest is very helpful, so I could break it down using the methods and logic that is learned there.

Have a nice day!