My first guided project: Helicopter Prison Breaks

This is my first python experience; however I have coding experience in other languages such as R , C# and C++. The kind of feedback I would like to receive is constructive criticism and tips of how I can improve my work going forward.
[First guided python project] (Learn data science with Python and R projects)

My first python.ipynb (92.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hello @tumelomogorosi2, Good project, it Looks great!

1. Create some plots using Matplotlib to depict some of the pertinent discoveries you made during your investigation, especially of the countries with the most jailbreak. Graphs are excellent because everybody can read and comprehend them.
  2. Your header should be about the work and not about if it’s your first project or not.
  3. There is not much introduction about your work that should give insight into what you’re trying to do.
  4. Try to say one or two about your findings.

Those are recommendations but your work looks good so far for a start!
Good work and good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your response and I will surely take your recommendations into account moving forward.

1 Like

Hi, @tumelomogorosi2 !

1. First of all, try to make clear number order of your code lines 1,2,3 and so on. When you finish your project , use Restart and Run All (Kernel). Here

2. Your last line [14] actually have tha same meaning as your line [11]

3. When you print several outputs , better add one line with print("\n"), it will divide your outputs by empty line, and a reader will have an opportunity easiely invastigate the outputs.

4. Line [11]
    print(countries_frequency) # here better to use print_pretty_table instead of print. You’ll get a table
    print(df) # I don’t understand why are you printing all dataframe, seems to me this line is unnecessary

5. Good practise to write all libraries in the first line of code.
    For example:
    from helper import *
    import pandas as pd
    import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
    %matplotlib inline

3 Likes

Thank you for your response, your recommendations have been helpful.

1 Like