My first three guided projects: Helicopter Prison Escapes, Profitable App Profiles, Hacker News Posts. (Finallly uploaded)

Hello Everyone!

I am an analyst in the Chemicals industry ecstatic to transition into the tech world.

The setup Dataquest provides has allowed me to learn at my own pace and behind the scenes I have completed the first first three guided projects from the Data Analyst/Scientist learning path.

Below are the links to the projects. All feedback is welcome. Being a beginner, insight into better coding practices and/or data presentation would be appreciated.

Note: If this format is better split into three separate posts, please let me know.

Guided_Project_1.ipynb (82.3 KB)
Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Guided_Project_2.ipynb (45.9 KB)

Guided_Project_3.ipynb (17.6 KB)

1 Like

Hi @reyesaaron90
Your projects looks great, congratulations. However I have some recommendations

1. Take a bit of time to tell the reader what and why are you doing in the cell and what you expect to find. Storytelling is a really important skill that we need to find a job and to explain our work. This will also help you to understand the code that the guided project is asking you to write

2. In the helicopter scapes notebook, I don’t understand why you used two for loops to count the number of scapes per year, I would have used a for loop and a dictionary for that

Lastly but not unimportant, try to answer the aditional questions that are proposed at the end of each guided project, they will help you to improve your skills

Good luck!

1 Like