PDJones' First Guided Project-Helicopter Prison Break

Guided Project: Prison Break — Review | Dataquest

PrisonBreakGuidedProj-Copy1.ipynb (75.3 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

@PDJones welcome aboard Dataquest!!

Congrats :handshake: on completing your first project. I’m sure you are proud and this is the first step to many more wonderful projects on DQ. A couple of helpful pointers from me regarding your project

Presentation Style
  • Ensure to re-run the entire project after you are done completing one. This is how to do it image

• Include an introduction and conclusion section which summarizes your intention and understanding of the project. In fact include more sections where appropriate. I would direct you to read some of the older projects we currently have in DQ to get an idea

• While you have run the code based on the instruction, I would recommend you add context to it by providing the user with explanations and your own analysis. This is what is expected as you progress as a data analyst. The reader wants to know what you analyzed and what you gathered from that analysis.

Coding Style
  • I would recommend the addition of more comments. What you’ll realize a couple of projects down the line, when you return to this project is, you are unsure of what you did. Comments serve as a bookmark. If you haven’t gotten to this part of the lessons, revisit this project after you do so.
Bugs/Inaccuracies
  • I didn’t go through the code at great depth but seeing as you have followed the instructions provided by DQ, I feel there should be no issues.
Miscellaneous
  • There are a few challenge questions at the end of the project, I recommend that you give those a shot. Those will help to differentiate your project and make them stand out.

• Once you are comfortable with data visualization, add more of those and expand your analysis further.

Checkout this page for more pointers on how you can take your guided project to a whole different level and standout.

Keep the momentum going and project :rocket: on!

1 Like