Please review Guided Project - Analyze Factbook Data with SQL

Screen Link: https://github.com/durga-ds/durga-dqds/blob/master/Guided%20Project_%20Analyzing%20CIA%20Factbook%20Data%20Using%20SQL/Basics.ipynb

Would love some feedback on my first SQL guided project. I’d like to know how it might read for others and how I can improve “story telling”. Also, on how I approached finding statistics to questions we had to explore. Thank you much!

2 Likes

Hey @DnaData

Very well done. I am also a learner like you, so i can’t comment much, but i will give u my 2 cents on it. It was very concise and easy to understand with respect to the flow and approach to queries.
I have just one suggestion, structure the query a little more in terms of readability. You can view the style guide and tips mentioned in the course.
Just trying to help
Thanks
Raj Tulluri

2 Likes

ah thanks for taking the time for feedback @Raj. I did go back and tried to separate the clauses in long queries.

1 Like

Hey @DnaData
Glad to know! Happy learning
Thanks
Raj Tulluri

hey @DnaData

thank you for sharing your project!

@Raj has more or less provided summarized feedback.

I will also cite on similar lines:

• the project has a workflow with embedded comments and highlighted texts.
  • appreciate the way the SELECT * or SELECT "AGG" have been mentioned in your narration-to-self!

A few things, I would like you to consider for future projects:

• Title was missing!
  • SQL code formatting to clearly distinguish between keywords and column/ table names
  • May be utilizing lower limits - such as Top 5 or top 10 or Top 3 instead of 25?
2 Likes

@Rucha Title Missing is a BIG mistake on my part :worried: Much appreciation for pointing that out! I should have referred to and followed style guide suggestions( this was my very first SQL project so was totally focused on it I guess ) . I am learning the formatting as I progress:-). Will submit next project to get even more feedback on that aspect!

1 Like

hi @DnaData

thank you for responding back. It’s a great effort! we all have our own takeaways from it. And nope not a big mistake, just something you missed.
Let’s continue learning together and hope to bring out our best with each project! :smile: