Prison Break Guided Project, FINISHED! feedback welcomed!

I have completed my first ever project in programing and data science and I’m so happy.

This is the first course of programing I have ever taken, with no background whatsoever in computer science or programing. I struggled through most of the project in all honesty, but with the community here I managed to put pieces together and get through it.

I thought I would not be able to do it, but once I did, oh it felt great!
I have all my confidence in Dataquest and the path/course I’m on that it will teach me what I need to know and guide me in the right direction.

Link to last mission:

My project:
Guided Project_ Prison Break.tar (90.5 KB)

All and any constructive feedback welcomed and encouraged!

Basics.ipynb (82.6 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi, Pedro.

Good job completing the project.

That’s a very good attitude to have!

True, it can be a a struggle especially if you have little background in computer science or something similar. But if you keep at it and push on in spite of the struggle, your (perceived) deficiencies don’t matter much really.

I’m not much of a project reviewer so my comments are few:

1. The first thing that stood out to me is you added comments in your code. That’s quite a rare thing to see in a beginner because most of us tend to write only the code and rarely add any comments. It’s a good habit to build early on because as code gets more complicated, we tend to get lost, and our comments are one of those things that can help us get back on track. Comments also help other understand your code, which can be useful if you plan to work with others someday.

2. Similar to comments, writing your own description of the data and results is also a good practice. Data Science is not just about analysing data; it’s also about communication and making sure that others understand why we analyse the data and the significance of the results.

Anyhow, that’s all for me. Keep up the work.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the comments and feedback!

1 Like