Prison Break guided project review

While not technically my first project, I think this is the first one I’m posting. I’d be happy for any feedback, including style, whether I’ve included too much/too little explanation, etc.

Helicopter Prison Escapes.ipynb (83.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @PatrickSmith , Congratulations on finishing this project. I had a quick look at your project and the presentation looks good. You have clearly marked each sections with headers and gave meaningful titles along with good explanations. These are very good points as far as the readability of a project is concerned.

I’m not sure if you have noticed it or not, there is an error at ln 15. Though it didn’t really affect the rest of the project. It is a good practice to Restart and rerun all the cells by going to the Kernal menu in Jypiter notebook before you post the project here.

Also it would be good to keep the code comments that are easily interpreted by others. For example there was one at ln29 # Instruction 2 - nothing to do here. This might be connected with the guidance, but if you are planning to share with a wider audience, these comments can be rephrased if you decide to include them. I hope this helps. Good luck with your future projects.

@jithins123, thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me what the error is? I’m not getting one.

Also, as far as commenting goes, I’m a little unsure how much commenting to do in the code, and how much to explain in the markdown cells. Is there any kind of guideline? Is it more personal preference?

Hi @PatrickSmith

The error is at ln 15

for row in (data):
row[0] = fetch_year(row[0])

TypeError: expected string or bytes-like object

When you click on the nbviewer link that says "Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab " you will see the project you have submitted. Maybe its already fixed on your local computer.

Regarding commenting and explanations, I think this article will answer your question better

Hope this helps.