Prison Helicopter Escapes Analysis

Hi! This is my first python project!

Let me know if you know anything about the more complex functions which aren’t explained in the training, would love direction to some resources to understand them better!

Guided Project: Prison Break — Review | Dataquest

Guided Project_ Prison Break (1).tar (161.5 KB)

Basics.ipynb (78.1 KB)
Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hello,

Great work completing your first Python project and thank you for sharing it.

To make reviewing easier, you can also submit your .ipynb file directly instead of the whole .tar file. It should be called Basics.ipynb in your case. The forum’s software will then generate a link to your notebook which can be viewed online. For example, I’ve uploaded your file below:

Basics.ipynb (78.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Anyhow, since it’s your first project, I’m not going to overwhelm you with too many suggestions.

Thoughts:

1. Suggestion: Add an introduction to give more context to the reader and also lay out the questions you want to answer by the end of the project.
  2. Suggestion: In Jupyter, the last line in a code cell will be printed automatically. For example print(data[0:3]) can be replaced with data[0:3] and it’ll still be printed. This might not happen outside of Jupyter e,g. other Python IDEs.
  3. Suggestion: Add block comments to explain the purpose of a block code.
  4. Suggestion: Add an xlabel and title to the bar chart
  5. Suggestion: Add a conclusion to summarise your findings.
  6. Suggestion: Do the extra analyses suggested by Dataquest in the last screen of the project. They can be challenging especially if you’re starting out but they’re worth it for the learning experience.

Dataquest has a style guide you can refer to if you need more pointers on how to improve your project.

That’s it from me.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Cheers.

1 Like