Problem in Clean and Analyze Employee Exit Survey

Clean And Analyze Employee Exit Surveys.ipynb (103.8 KB)

I have done everything as per instructed in mission.

Every thing is fine before concatenation of both dataframes.

Can someone please help me with this?

Link to Project : https://app.dataquest.io/m/348/guided-project%3A-clean-and-analyze-employee-exit-surveys

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

The error is self-explanatory -

NameError: name ‘combined_updated’ is not defined

There is no variable named combined_updated that you have defined in your code.

Go through Step 8 of the Guided Project again, and make sure you follow all the instructions. Specifically -

Assign the result to combined_updated .

1 Like

Clean And Analyze Employee Exit Surveys.ipynb (103.4 KB)

Sir I have made the necessary corrections. Please have a look.

On Parsing institute_services column I am getting an empty series.

I think the problem is because of uneven dataframes ( I have displayed shapes of both at the end).

Please guide how to resolve this.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

It is possible you get that empty column because of

combined_updated = combined.dropna(thresh=500)

As per the instructions -

Use the DataFrame.dropna() method to drop any columns with less than 500 non null values.

I would suggest -

• Go through the documentation for dropna() and see what you might be doing differently.
  • Go through the instructions carefully when you see an output that doesn’t make sense to you.
  • Print out values at every step to make sure that you understand what’s happening because of each line of code you add. Print out values, shapes, look at the columns, check how many null values you have, how many non-null values you have etc.
  • If you think you might know the reason for any particular problem you notice, then focus on thinking about how you could fix that. Since these are guided projects, you can go through the instructions again to make sure of this.
  • When you really struggle and can’t figure it out even after all the above steps, go through their provided solution to cross-check your work. There is no harm in that as long as you understand what they did differently than you.

It would benefit you greatly to learn how to debug such issues on your own over time. So, focus on the above points and review your work thoroughly as well.