Problem with "Introduction to the Command Line" lesson

ISSUE 1
Screen Link: https://app.dataquest.io/m/383/introduction-to-the-command-line/5/more-on-commands

Your Code: diff -qy augustus tv

What I expected to happen: as expected

What actually happened: unexpected output

Other details: the course seems buggy, please have a look into this.

ISSUE 2
I also cannot copy paste code into the “command prompt” on the right side of the screen

2 Likes

Hi @jerris86,

Sorry about the answer checking issue on our command line missions. If you wish, I can mark that mission as complete.

For issue 2, can you try this workaround:

Best,
Sahil

Thanks for raising this @jerris86.

@Sahil Thanks for the work around. Very helpful and was the only way I got close to finishing this course. Please see several issues for your attention.

ISSUE 1:
Despite typing in the code numerous times into Step 5, it still does not answer check. Overall, answer checking in this course was relatively poor.

ISSUE 2:
Network issues - Reconnecting.

As I was completing this course, I saw these numerously. Refreshing the browser window would help but it would take >5 mins.

Are you able to mark this mission as complete please?

Cheers,
Wes

1 Like

Hi @nderiwesley,

I completely agree with you. Our command line missions definitely need a rework. Since this issue persists in all command line missions, I would recommend you to continue with the two courses in step 3 and let me know once you finish it. I will mark the step as complete for you.

Best,
Sahil

Can someone on the DQ team please mark my Step 5 complete? Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @derek.pomykal,

Step 5 doesn’t have bugs like our command line missions. Do you mean step 3? If not, may I know why do you want to mark step 5 as completed?

Thanks,
Sahil

I think our wires are crossed.

I meant step 5 for the Introduction to the Command Line course.