Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

Hey guys, I finished my first Python Project and would like to read your feedback. Thank you for taking the time look at what I did.

[Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.ipynb|attachment](upload://ebWNf7VpZTtvcia6umF9BVA7JCH.ipynb) (136.5 KB)

Click here to view on Github

1 Like

Hey @nelsonlupanda, Congratulations on completing your first guided project. Great work.

However, here are some little observations i think is necessary.
On your code cell ln [7]: your can’t have two return statements placed the way your did. Anything after the first return statement would not execute.
# checking duplicates for both data set
def duplicate(dataset): # to take any dataset
duplicate_apps = # for duplicates apps
unique_apps = # for unique apps
for app in dataset:
name = app[0] # store the name of the app
if name in unique_apps:
duplicate_apps.append(name)
else:
unique_apps.append(name)
return duplicate_apps
return unique_apps

If you wan to return 2 or more values at the same time, It is more appropriate to so as below, but this would return a tuple of lists:
# checking duplicates for both data set
def duplicate(dataset): # to take any dataset
duplicate_apps = # for duplicates apps
unique_apps = # for unique apps
for app in dataset:
name = app[0] # store the name of the app
if name in unique_apps:
duplicate_apps.append(name)
return duplicate_apps, unique_apps

Also, the output of your code cell [In 22]: is too verbose, you can choose to display on the first, 5, 10 , 15 values of your values rather than, all the output. This makes your work much more presentable and readable.

Not withstanding, Great job done.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @mobosomto. You’re right about the two ‘returns’. I went back and commented out the second return and still got the same result. I will keep that in mind next time. Thanks for taking the time to look at my project and for you feedback, I really appreciate it.

1 Like