Project 3. Ebay Car Sales

Hello, dear classmates.
I have finished 3-d project about Car Sales in Germany and would be glad to recieve any review or feedback from you

Ebay Car Sales.Germany.ipynb (73.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Hi @sergibtrader,

In the first code cell of your project, an error FileNotFoundError occured, so the outputs of neigher this cell nor the other code cells were visualized. It seems that the file autos.csv and your Jupyter notebook project are saved in different folders. Can you please fix it? Then your project can be successfully reviewed by the learners here.
Thanks!

1 Like

Привет! :wink:
Thank you, fixed.

1 Like

Hi Serhii,

Sorry to disturb you again about technical issues, but now an error occured in the code cell [26], and again all the subsequent outputs are not visualized. Could you fix also this please? :blush: Thanks!

1 Like

Good morning!
Thank you very much that you notice my mistakes. Cell [26] changed. The project I had been doing in DQ platform and everything was goog with the code. But in jupiter notebook apperad all of them. Thank you one more time. It will be a lesson for me to check code in notebook on my pc.

I download updated code here, seems the platform don’t allow to change initial post more than 5 times.

I would like to ask you to explain me in example, I can’t catch where is it , I tried to explain and make outputs.
Thank you!
Ebay Car Sales.Germany.ipynb (76.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi Serhii,

Now that all the technical issues are resolved, I looked through you project :slightly_smiling_face: It looks nice, well-organized, well-commented, with good use of emphasizing where necessary (the bold font). Also, it was an interesting idea to investigate exactly Japanese brands. In addition, I didn’t even notice any typos in your project, which doesn’t happen that often. Good job indeed!

About checking your projects on your PC before sharing - absolutely agree! It’s always a solid approach. I myself had such issues with my own projects at least twice, so now I became more careful about it.

Now some suggestions from my side:

• It’s better to re-run your project when it’s already completed, to have all the code cells in order and starting from 1.
  • A good practice is to use a uniform style for quote marks for the strings in the code cells: or only single, or only double.
  • Another good practice is to put a link on the original dataset in the introduction.
  • I would avoid some evident comments, like # import libraries, # reading csv file. For the rest, your code is really well-commented.
  • You repeated by mistake the number 5) 2 times for section numbering (i.e. for 2 different sections), please fix it.
  • Some code cells, especially those without any output, can be combined in one code cell. For example, from [76] to [78] and from [79] to [81].
  • The code cell [55]: instead of creating a function (which you’re going to use only once in your project), you can simply use here the rename() method, just like you did in the code cell [57].
  • About your price limits from 10 to 350 000 $. It’s better to explain here why you have chosen exactly these limits. By the way, when doing this project, I found some forums in Russian, where people were discussing exactly this German eBay section and exactly the cars that were free of charge. There was a lot of enthusiasm on those forums! :cowboy_hat_face: Probably, it can be interesting also to you to have a look at them, and some additional resources. In any case, the chosen limits should be briefly explained, why exactly these numbers.

That’s all from my side. Hopefully my suggestions were of use.
Happy learning and good luck with your future projects!

1 Like

Elena,
That was very powerful and deep review! Thank you very much.

1 Like