Project Review and Feedback on Visualizing Earnings Based on College Majors

Hi DQ ladies and gents,

This is my first uploaded project and I was hoping to get some feedback on the Guided Project for Visualizing Earnings Based on College Majors.

If anyone could help me understand how to add colors to single bars on a bar plot, that would be very helpful as well.

Please check out my Github work here.

Click here to view the Jupyter Notebook file in a new tab, instead.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

hey @rw1219

nice work on your first project. :ok_hand: Now that you have got a look and feel of Jupyter notebook, start looking for the addition of title(s) and brief descriptions for sections of the project.

Also, have a small section of conclusion/ closing at the end of the project. start with small conclusions like summarizing what has been done and what’s the final result.

I won’t burden you by saying you can refer to the official documentation for libraries you have used and will use in projects or search on Stack overflow for modifying your plots.

The best idea I have for you is, have a look at the projects submitted by other students, who have added styles/ formats to their plots.
Take the easy projects first and as you complete your track, take the complex ones. Slowly you would know how and what to search and pick from google, stack overflow, or documentation itself.

And the community supports inclusivity. we even have bugs and errors here!! (not just ladies and gents :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

Hi @Rucha, thank you so much for the helpful feedback!

I’ll take a look at other completed projects and see what I can use to improve my visualizations and data storytelling.

My bad on the inclusivity - I honestly did not mean to offend anyone non-binary. Thank you for the heads-up.

hey @rw1219

Glad to help a fellow learner. No problem with the salutation part.

Keep learning and happy coding! :slight_smile: