Project review: Spam Filter - Naive Bayes

Hey,
Looking for constructive feedback on the project. I have made a few additions according to what I found could help.

Link - https://github.com/rajtulluri/Spam-Filter-using-Naive-Bayes/blob/master/Naive%20Bayes%20Spam%20Filter.ipynb

Thanks
Raj Tulluri

hey @Raj

first off any reason for this system generated username or that’s a style?

coming to the project, I recently found out not all HTML tags work in Github. I guess that’s why last time also the title didn’t render properly in your project. I faced so many issues for the “market advertise” project of my own.

So you may wanna update the tags in your project for GitHub. and you can use the NBViewer method automated for us learners by @sahil. just upload your book and 2 mins later we have the NBViewer link generated here in the post.

the reason I am saying this is that your project ends here in GitHub, cant see the next steps:

I am yet not here at this mission so can’t comment on the technical front, but overall your project is a smooth read.
the best part was the word cloud. you need to mention the details either here or in your project, a commented code of how you got it. If its part of mission then leave it.

Is it possible for you to update the project right now so I may read the conclusion/ end of project?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Rucha,
I don’t know, I created the account, and somehow this was generated. Now I am unable to change it :joy:

Yes, as a matter of fact, all my titles have not been able to render on Github. I have been trying to get around that.

I hadn’t noticed this problem, I will try to rectify as soon as possible.

The word cloud was my addition to sort of have a visual in the project and get a sense of the words in vocabulary and their frequencies. I will surely put up an extra markdown explaining the code to generate one.

Thank you so much for viewing it!
Raj Tulluri

Hey @Rucha,

I have uploaded the rectified notebook onto Github. Here is the notebook viewer link for ease of access - https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/rajtulluri/Spam-Filter-using-Naive-Bayes/blob/master/Naive%20Bayes%20Spam%20Filter.ipynb

Do give it a read from the beginning if possible, I have tried to make the documentation a bit better and added explanations so that it is a bit interesting.

Thanks
Raj Tulluri

Adding the word cloud was a great idea. Congrats!

1 Like

@Raj Just checked out your project, looks really nice :slight_smile:

1 Like