Prosper Loan Data: An in-depth Exploratory Analysis

Hello wonderful people. I hope we are doing great.

I have been working on personal projects lately and have spent some time exploring data on financial loans from Prosper Marketplace. I wanted to identify why people take loans on Prosper, including key factors that could influence the annual percentage rates on a loan.

The project’s major goal is to familiarize myself with how thorough exploratory data analysis can be. I have also taken some time to detail every step I took in this analysis. I hope it helps someone.
exploration.ipynb (3.4 MB)

Note: The omission of chart titles from my visuals is intentional since I only explored the data for most of the work. However, I have conducted some explanatory analysis with the key insights from the exploration here:
Link to notebook with explanatory insights

Key charts are labelled and properly annotated in the explanatory analysis.

For anyone interested, here is a link to the entire project on GitHub

I am open to all feedback and suggestions. Let’s keep learning and improving :muscle:.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

This is a huge project @israelogunmola. :heart_eyes: Your steps were very easy to follow and you really utilised your markdown cells. Very comprehensive and thoughtful. Well done. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @OlutokiJohn. I am grateful for the feedback :raised_hands: