Python Application Software

Hello Community,

My very first post here. I have recently signed up to Dataquest Premium.

My objective is to get up to speed with Python.

Can someone let me know if there are any Python software applications that will allow programmers to program using a GUI application?

At present, Python programming is very much commandline driven. I was just wondering if someone could recommend any Python applications that are GUI based?

Regards

Carlton

You mean IDE?
You can use wing, VS Code, pycharm and more, which will be convenient for you

You can also use jupyter notebook for block-by-block code execution and fast data visualization.

If you are referring to coding GUI applications:
There are a number of hooks for Python GUI coding. Personally I’ve preferred PyQT which I feel has the best looking out of the box styling. It (and I’m sure others do) supports CSS if you want to make things really pretty.

However you are looking at the wrong place, on dataquest.io for learning python for programming. DQ will cover off some very basic python to build upon for moving into tools such as pandas, numpy and other data handling modules.

If you are looking for learning to program in python, and GUI coding I’d suggest heading to somewhere like PluralSight.

If you were referring to an IDE
Personally I like Spyder, great to get to know if you intend on doing scientific or data analyse stuff. I personally cannot stand Pycharm, it’s like an overly complex sluggish beast. VS code is fairly nice. I’m becoming a fan of Microsoft Data Studio as it also allows you to connect and code against SQL servers which is such a core source of data.
Notepad++ is a great text editor for writing code in as well.

Notepad++ is not bad, but if you take a text editor I would prefer Sublime Text, because of the python syntax support

Hi moriturus,

I’m familiar with VS Code

I didn’t mean IDE.

I meant is there a software application that will allow you program in Python without actually writing code?

For example, I use a software application called Devart to write SQL Queries without having to physically write any code.

I was wondering if there was a similar software application that will allow me to code in Python without actually physically writing code.

I’m not referring to an IDE.

I guess I’m not making myself clear

I’m thinking in terms of software program that you use to drag and drop code into some kind of workspace.

I’m finding it hard to phrase the question - I notice that everyone coming back with IDE

From what I know, probably the closest to your request is Blockly from Google. But such development services are quite limited and ineffective

Hi moriturus,

I’m familiar with VS Code

I didn’t mean IDE.

I meant is there a software application that will allow you program in Python without actually writing code?

For example, I use a software application called Devart to write SQL Queries without having to physically write any code.

I was wondering if there was a similar software application that will allow me to code in Python without actually physically writing code.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. In the meantime, if you can think of anything else that would be most appreciated.

Cheers