Python Intermediate - Exploring Hacker News Posts

Hi,

This has been extremely exciting. I am new to coding and had a rough time wrapping my head around OOP! (Oops huhu)
However, the Exploring Hacker News Guided Project was incredible. I had a lot of fun doing it!

Here is my project. It would be great to know how the analysis part of it could be made better. (Somehow I am much more focussed on getting my codes right as compared to getting the analysis right which is the whole point, I know it isn’t the apt approach but would make a world of difference to get some feedback on my analysis itself)

https://app.dataquest.io/m/356/guided-project%3A-exploring-hacker-news-posts/9/the-end

Project 2 - Exploring Hacker News.ipynb (16.8 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi Swar! I hope your excitement flourishes and makes many impressive Data Science Projects in the future. About the project, the markdown cell content and explanations are very well written and informative, i also find that every section is in its place; overall slick from top to bottom. However, as i scrolled and inspected your code, it honestly took me a few minutes at some cells (secluding the last two cells) to understand what you wanted to do, and as the analysis grew more and more complex, it really interfered with my willingness to go through. I’d suggest you look into standardizing your code structure, adding a comment every now and then that explains what a line does and why it’s important in case someone downloads your notebook! Also, do not forget to upload to your git profile after you finalized everything, It is a fantastic project ! Great Job!

3 Likes

Hi @faye_valentine3322, thank you so much! This is fantastic feedback!
I will make the changes. This actually makes a lot of sense.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes