Removing Non-English Apps on the first Guided Project (350)

Hello everyone,

So, I have two different code blocks to remove non-english apps from the data. First one is a code I wrote to try myself and the other is from the answers provided. As a result I expect both of them to do the same thing. However, my code returns a data with 9615 rows even though the answer provided returns a data with 9614 rows. I can’t understand what might be the reason of this difference. Can you please help?

The code i wrote:

First i create a duplicate data to compare results.

android_clean2 = android_clean

and I create a for loop to delete non-english rows instead of creating a new list:

for count, row in enumerate(android_clean2):
    name = row[0]
    non_ascii = 0
    for char in name:
        if ord(char) > 127:
            non_ascii += 1
    if non_ascii > 3:
        del android_clean2[count]

The answer provided:

def is_english(string):
    non_ascii = 0

    for character in string:
        if ord(character) > 127:
            non_ascii += 1

if non_ascii > 3:
    return False
else:
    return True


android_english = []

for app in android_clean:
    name = app[0]
    if is_english(name):
        android_english.append(app)