Review Guided Project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

Hi all,
Sharing my completed guided project: Python Fundamentals.

https://app.dataquest.io/m/350/guided-project%3A-profitable-app-profiles-for-the-app-store-and-google-play-markets/13/most-popular-apps-by-genre-on-google-play

I’d like the reviewers to focus especially on the final recommendation(and reasoning) I’ve arrived after the analysis and would want to know if the conclusion I’ve made is correct. I was pretty confused, especially after looking at the solution that is provided.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs and comments.

Profitable_Apps_Profiles-AppStore_and_GPlay_Markets.ipynb (61.8 KB)

Thanks,
Anjali

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

4 Likes

Amazing work on the first Guided Project, Anjali!

I really like how you have described the whole thing. You have even given a description of the explore_data() function.

Here’s my suggestion that might be useful the next time you are trying to describe your functions - create a doctring. Python docstrings are documentation strings that are used to describe a class, module or a function. So, here’s how your function would look like with docstring:

def explore_data(dataset, start, end, rows_and_columns=False):
"""
Helps in exploring datasets.

:param dataset: list of lists
:param start: integer representing the starting index of a slice from the dataset
:param end: integer representing the ending index of a slice from the dataset
:param rows_and_columns: boolean with False as default
"""
    dataset_slice = dataset[start:end]    
    for row in dataset_slice:
        print(row)
        print('\n') # adds a new (empty) line after each row

if rows_and_columns:
        print('Number of rows:', len(dataset))
        print('Number of columns:', len(dataset[0]))

As far as the final recommendation goes, I think it’s fine as long as it is backed up with a reasoning (which it is, in your case!).

Great job, Anjali!

2 Likes

Thank you @nityesh. Also, thanks for the insights on docstrings.

I’ve edited the post and uploaded a new link to the project with few edits in the markdown. Hope that’s okay.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Request for review Guided Project Profitable app profiles for the app store and google play markets