Review guided project: Profitable app profiles for the app store and google play store

Hello everyone,

I have completed the first guided project on Dataquest.

I had a nice time working through this first course and specifically on this project, my first experience with data analytics and python. I would deeply appreciate feedback from the community on my project.

This is a link to the last mission screen of the Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets guided project.
https://app.dataquest.io/m/350/guided-project%3A-profitable-app-profiles-for-the-app-store-and-google-play-markets/13/most-popular-apps-by-genre-on-google-play

I have also uploaded the project on Github please for review.

The project could also be download below
Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.ipynb (47.6 KB)

Thank you, I look forward to the community feedback. Thanks!

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

@kevweo,

I am a beginner here too but i will like to add that, your comments in the code cell and the intermediate notes in the markdown cells explained the steps in your project very well.

I would also like to add that you should try and make all your variable and function names more descriptive and meaningful.

For example, the block of code in In[79] would have been more descriptive if you have defined the function and it’s variables like this:

def is_english(string):
    non_english = 0
    for character in string:
        if ord(character) > 127:
            non_english += 1

if non_english > 3:
        return False
    else:
        return True

Thanks for sharing your first guided project with us.
Happy learning.

2 Likes

Hi @doyinsolamiolaoye, thank you for the feedback. I will be incorporating these into the next version uploaded on GitHub. Thanks again for taking the time to provide constructive feedback, deeply appreciated.

1 Like

You are welcome @kevweo.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I have had some time to refine the project a bit further, updated the title, included more headers to provide more organisation, corrected some earlier spelling mistakes :see_no_evil:, streamlined some markdown comments. I would appreciate more feedback from the community, thank you in advance for your time.

Project link on Github

Jupyter notebook link

Please download file here
Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.ipynb (45.6 KB)

Thanks!

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab