Review of Guided Project 1: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

Hi Everyone,

I just finished my first Data Science project and would love to get some feedback from you. I’d love to hear where you think I did well and what you think I should correct or improve upon. My notebook may seem a bit different from the solution but that’s because I tried to put down my own ideas when writing my documentation. I’ll welcome any thoughts and advice you have for me.

Thanks in advance,
Dewa

Profitabe_app_profiles_for_the_app_store_and_google_play_parkets.ipynb (94.6 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Hi, Adewalade. Looks good! I had to chuckle because some of your comments were very similar to ones I made (How we weren’t asked to check for duplicates in the Apple data, how Pandas might make some of this easier, etc.). Great minds, right? A few things I noticed: If you are going to post somewhere I’d tidy up a few things. There is a ‘Wwe’ instead of ‘We’ between run cells [8] and [9] and a blank markup line between [15] and [16] that shows up as “Type Markdown and LaTeX”. I’d like to see descriptions of some or all of the columns. Some aren’t easy to understand. Also, Some a little more elaboration and code documentation in a few places. Why create a function to analyze data (other than the assignment required it)? How does it simplify the work? Why are the fields user rating, cont_rating, and prime_genre of interest? Most of it is stylistic/preferences. Finally, I would add a summary at the end. As someone once told me about essays and presentations: Tell them what you’re going to tell them, tell them what you have to tell them, then tell them what you told them. Overall, looks pretty good. Great Job!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @PatrickSmith. I’ll make the corrections in my notebook.

1 Like

Thanks for spotting my typos. I’ve made corrections to them and included the other things you advised me too. For the blank markup line between [15] and [16], it was already filled with what I intended. I don’t know why it didn’t show up. Probably because I didn’t save the notebook before sharing the link. But I’ve done that now. Hopefully, this fixes the problem. I also included tables describing the columns of both datasets as you suggested and the reason I created the functions was so I wouldn’t have to type the same lines of code over and over when analyzing. Also, I added a conclusion at the end of my analysis explaining my thoughts and my recommendations. Thanks again for your help @PatrickSmith

Here’s the updated version of the notebook

1 Like