ReviewGuided Project1: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets - Elisa

Dear All,

I have just finished my first project ever with Python and I would be very happy to receive some feedback from you! Also my conclusion is a little bit different than the one proposed in the solution, so do tell me what you think about it.

Thank you in advance!
ElisaGuided Project_ Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.tar (2.0 MB)

1 Like

Are you sure you uploaded the full notebook? The version I downloaded ends in isolating only free apps.

I like how you walk me through your thought process and you make decisions based on your knowledge and understanding of the data, such as what to clean and how to remove duplicates. Good work.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Let’s try again!

DataquestProject1.ipynb (129.4 KB)

Click here to view the notebook in your browser

1 Like

Hi @ElisaDellAglio, welcome to the community! I had a look over your project and I really like it. I like how you write down your process and conclusions as you go. You seem to have put a lot of thought into what you wanted to say. I also appreciated your closing remarks that expressed confidence in your recommendation despite the shortcomings of the information provided.

Just a few things that you may want to tweak:

• When you were developing the function to check for English apps, the 2nd version wasn’t tested as expected (name_english vs name_english1). Seems like a copy/paste thing. :slight_smile:
  • When you printed the list of App Store game apps, the result is a loooooooong list (1874 games!). Since you’re appending the games/ratings to a separate list Game_apps anyway, you can print after the loop runs and just take the top 10 or so to avoid the wall of text.
  • In the copy you uploaded here, not all the cells are run. I think some of them have results because of a previous run, but the last 5 cells don’t have the results printed so that we can see what you’re talking about.

Thanks so much for sharing your project with us. I look forward to seeing your future projects!

1 Like

Following this thread is a good learning experience of what’s coming down the road, and good to know one can get constructive feedback as one goes along. Thanks

2 Likes

Dear april.g,

Thank you for your useful comments. I have corrected the mistakes and implemented your suggestions.
I upload this last version here so that if anybody wants to have a look at it to compare the results, they should display properly up to the very end!
Best, Elisa
Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.ipynb (159.3 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like