Second Guided Project: Visualizing The Gender Gap In College Degrees

Hello!

This is my second step on my long and winding road to becoming a data champion :slight_smile: A huge thanks to the community for reviewing my earlier project. You can find it here, if you want to check it out!

This guided project tackles the gender gap across different degrees. You can find it here.

This project focused a lot more on code than the previous one, so I’m especially interested if my way of coding fulfills the best practices, or if I could improve somewhere. But feel free to add feedback about just anything you notice. Every piece of advice will be valuable for me to improve my skills.

Thanks a lot!

gendergap.ipynb (205.6 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi Christoph,

Your project is super-cool, even if it was supposed to be a small one! The approach that you used is very interesting and different from the one suggested in the instructions. The project itself is perfectly structured, the code clean, well-commented and easily readable. The storytelling and observations are interesting and easy-to-follow. Great approach to define all the functions and then use them in the final code. Also, your function names are very clear, and using a description inside each function was a good idea. Congratulations, indeed! :+1:

The only advice from my side this time will be to keep apart introduction and conclusion. I mean, you definitely already have these 2 sections in your project. Practically what I suggest is just to include “Introduction” and “Conclusion” as subheadings :slightly_smiling_face: Alternatively, you can leave the insights at the end of your project as they are, but then add a short conclusion, summarizing al those observations in a more concise way.

Great job your project! I’m sure now that you’ll become a data champion very soon! :grinning: :trophy:

1 Like