Sharing Guided Project: PostgresSQL database for crime reports

Hi community!

After a lot of pushes and Git commits, I will finallty share for the first time a Guided Project. Any feedback welcome !

I tried to set it up in a interactive mode with Binder via GitHub, but no way.

Jupyter file : postgres_gp.ipynb (29.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Best
Wilfried

Hello @WilfriedF, thanks for sharing your work. Surely, “Practice makes perfect:smile:

Have you tried jovian.ml? You can upload a project there, people can run, duplicate…

Except for the lack of the outputs, your project looks nice, it is thoroughly documented, great presentation style…

Happy Learning!

1 Like

Hi @info.victoromondi

Thank you for the feedback !

Will take a look at Jovian very soon.

Regarding missing outputs, you are right. This is due to the fact that I finished and polished the notebook in my local machine, so I wasn’t able anymore to connect the remote Dataquest database, and running the notebook would only result in error outputs.

Will try this night to create my own Postgres database in my local machine, and then upload again the notebook with the outputs.

1 Like

Done ! Release with outputs below:

Jupyter file : postgres_gp.ipynb (37.3 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @info.victoromondi some update here: I finally found fastpages, really great and easy to set it up quickly so that your notebooks put in a given folder will automaticallly be converted in HMTL and published in your Github Pages.
Before I tried several tutorials type “how to publish notebooks with Pelican”, without success.

1 Like

Hello thats true, I actually use it as my blog.

1 Like