Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your first project with us! You’ve done a nice work, your code is clean and efficient and the observations are correct. Also great job doing extra tasks!
Some suggestions from my side:
- It’s better to remove “Project 2” before the project title. Just leave the title itself and make the font bigger.
- A good idea is to add more background information about the topic in the introduction. Also, it’s important to put a link to the initial dataset.
- When the project is already ready, don’t forget to re-run it to have all the code cells in order and starting from 1.
- Throughout the project, you can use more markdown comments to explain what you observed and what are the next steps.
- To make the code more comprehensible, you should use code comments for some relatively complex pieces of code.
- It’s better to import all the libraries at the beginning, in the first code cell.
- In the code cell , there are a lot of empty lines, please consider removing them.
- Also, you can consider gathering all the intermediate conclusions in one, at the end of the project.
Hope my suggestions were useful. Nice work and good start!
Something that I encountered while I was working on this project is that the code for performing both the point and the comment averaging/flipping/sorting were very similar. To cut down on code bulk, I put all that code into a function and called that function to process the data. I found myself passing more arguments into the function that I wanted to get it to work, but it still turned four replicates of similar code into one!
Let me know if you have any questions.