Sharing my first guided project - Exploring Hacker News Posts

Hello DQ community!!! I am sharing my first guided project. I worked on the extra credit part just to reinforce my learnings so far. Happy to receive any feedback if there is a more efficient way of working it. https://app.dataquest.io/m/356/guided-project%3A-exploring-hacker-news-posts/8/next-steps

Guided Project_ Exploring Hacker News Posts_ZL.ipynb (17.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @zalopez,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your first project with us! You’ve done a nice work, your code is clean and efficient and the observations are correct. Also great job doing extra tasks!

Some suggestions from my side:

• It’s better to remove “Project 2” before the project title. Just leave the title itself and make the font bigger.
  • A good idea is to add more background information about the topic in the introduction. Also, it’s important to put a link to the initial dataset.
  • When the project is already ready, don’t forget to re-run it to have all the code cells in order and starting from 1.
  • Throughout the project, you can use more markdown comments to explain what you observed and what are the next steps.
  • To make the code more comprehensible, you should use code comments for some relatively complex pieces of code.
  • It’s better to import all the libraries at the beginning, in the first code cell.
  • In the code cell [7], there are a lot of empty lines, please consider removing them.
  • Also, you can consider gathering all the intermediate conclusions in one, at the end of the project.

Hope my suggestions were useful. Nice work and good start!
Happy learning!