Sharing my first guided project: Profitable Apps

Hello,
I am starting out in python for data science.
This is my first guided project.

Kindly provide me with feedback on how to improve my coding or how i can make my projects better.
Thank you.

URL of the last mission screen of the Guided Project below–>
https://app.dataquest.io/c/112/m/350/guided-project%3A-profitable-app-profiles-for-the-app-store-and-google-play-markets/13/most-popular-apps-by-genre-on-google-play

Profitable Apps.ipynb (424.2 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hello @babiryedaphne! Thanks for sharing your project with the Community:)

You have clearly defined the project’s objectives and thoroughly describe the technical part of your work. However, here are some suggestions:

• Change the title to something more attractive! It should briefly summarize the project’s objective and (if you wish) the results. This way, it will make potential readers at least look at it and it’s your first win
  • You remove the entry 10473 from the Google Play dataset two times in cells [5] and [8]. Moreover, you do not explain why you did
  • Do not include the technical description in Markdown cells. Instead, you can use can use code comments or docstrings, like in the section “Criteria for determining profitable Apps : Data Analysis”
  • You have some style inconsistencies (like a lot of bold text where you describe the function language(). Also, make sure that you do not have any additional spaces before and after the code like in cells [20]
  • I think, you should also limit the length of the output like in cells [21] and [34]
  • Here (“From the analysis, the most popular apps are”) it’s better to use a bullet list
  • You forgot the conclusions which is arguably the most important part of the project

That’s it, happy coding :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you Artur for taking off time to review my project.
The comments are noted and appreciated.

1 Like