Sharing my Hacker News guided project

Hi!

I’m Alvaro Viúdez, from Spain. I’m starting this DataQuest Data Science career path, and I’m sharing for the first time a project! (I’ve already completed two other projects from this career path, but this is the first project I’m sharing here).

So, as a rookie here, I would appreciate any feedback the community would like to give me!

Here’s the URL of the last mission screen of the Guided Project

And also my notebook (.ipynb) file:
Hacker News.ipynb (12.7 KB)

Thanks guys! And have a nice weekend!

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Hey Alvaro!

Welcome to the community and congrats on completing your first project.

I have one small piece of advice for you and it comes from an old joke about programming which I’m going to paraphrase:

“Always leave comments that explain your code because one day some frustrated person will spend hours trying to understand how the code works…and that person will probably be you.”

It’s good practice to use comments to explain your code, that way you can collaborate with others and, if you come back to the code later, you’ll be able to understand it.

Your code is pretty neat and easy to understand but it’s good to get used to the practice now!

Good luck to you!

1 Like

Hi @Johnsonk51502 !

Thank you very much for your post! You’re absolutely right, I’ll keep that in mind for future projects - I don’t want my ‘future me’ to hate this ‘present me’ :slight_smile:

Best regards!

1 Like