Here’s my guided project for the CIA Factbook Data Using SQL.
I welcome any constructive feedback
(Unfortunately, the DataQuest community platform won’t allow me to share directly to the specific page for this guided project so I’m not entirely sure where this will end up.)
Guided+Project+CIA+Factbook+Data+Using+SQL (1).ipynb (34.1 KB)
Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab
Thanks for sharing your project with the Community. You did an interesting analysis, good job! And yes, you shared everything correctly here
Here are some suggestions for your consideration:
- It’s better to exclude from the population analysis both World and Antarctica.
- The code cell : you’d better exclude British Indian Ocean Territory and Virgin Islands. They look strange and are just anomalous data in this database, you can follow this link for more information. Also, you can consider rounding the result to the second decimal here, to avoid having 0 for Afganistan.
- In some parts of the project, I encountered
</b> in markdown. It’s better to remove it everywhere.
- A good idea is to put column names in backticks when referred in markdown explanations.
- The code cell : to avoid too long lines and for better readability, you can put the column names in
SELECT in several rows.
- As for the overall SQL style, you might find useful this guide, especially the section “White space” (so-called “rivers”).
- Please remove the last empty code cell.
Hope my ideas were helpful. Good luck with your future projects!
Super helpful feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time!
Great job! I’m very glad that my suggestions served well!