Standard Streams and File Descriptors exercise 9

hi there, to anyone in dataquest
can anybody check exercise 9? there is no way that the command line got the right answer. It does nothing in fact when you type the right answer.
I see that several other users have gone through the same problem.
thanks

2 Likes

Hey. A shameless copy and paste from another topic:

It is unfortunately known to us that the command-line is very buggy, and this includes answer checking. I don’t have a good solution for you other than asking the support team to mark this mission as complete (or find some other solution, if this isn’t adequate).

Looping in Sahil to follow through with this. @Sahil

1 Like

Hi @sgmiriuka,

Sorry about that! I have marked the Standard Streams and File Descriptors mission as complete. Can you please confirm?

Thanks,
Sahil

Hi @Sahil
can also help to mark mine as complete https://app.dataquest.io/m/392/standard-streams-and-file-descriptors/9/redirecting-standard-input. Been trying to refresh it a few times but it doesn’t do anything

Rgds

Hi @willx,

I have marked it as complete from my end. Can you please confirm?

Thanks,
Sahil

Oh, yes thank you @Sahil :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Sahil
can you please help to mark mine as complete https://app.dataquest.io/m/392/standard-streams-and-file-descriptors/9/redirecting-standard-input . Been trying to refresh it a few times but it doesn’t do anything. Thank you!

Rgds

1 Like

Resolved via ticket #42818

Good evening, Sahil. I am going through the exactly same problem as [sgmiriuka].
How should I proceed to deal with this problem?

1 Like

Hi @ldtoliveira,

I have marked the mission as complete for you. Can you please confirm?

Thanks,
Sahil

Yes, @Sahil. I just confirmed it.
Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t get past exercises 8 and 9. Wasted so much time waiting for the terminal to function as expected but it won’t. Please, mark this mission as complete. Thanks, @Sahil

Also, it might be better to get rid of answer-checking in this mission until the problem is fixed. I would save you and a bunch of students a lot of pain!

1 Like

Responded via ticket #45468