Star Wars: Guided Project submission for feedback

Here’s my submission for the Guided Project on the Star Wars Survey.

I welcome any constructive feedback :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

https://app.dataquest.io/m/201/guided-project%3A-star-wars-survey/9/next-steps

Star+Wars+Guided+Project.ipynb (448.6 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @ywbadri,

Can you please reload your project? It seems that it can’t be open.
Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! Reloaded.

1 Like

Hi @ywbadri,

I’ve returned with my review of your project :slightly_smiling_face: And it’s a really amazing work! :star2: An especially cool thing is that you are actually a fan of Star Wars, so your observations are the ones from a person who really knows how the things are. Very profound data analysis, curious insights, awsome plots, clean code and perfect code comments, and also good idea to put the headings in a separate variable.

Some further ideas:

• It’s better to put a link to the original dataset somewhere in the introduction.
  • Again I saw that </b> in markdown in a couple of places.
  • When referring to the column names or pieces of code in markdown, it’s better to put them in backticks (``) for better emphasis and correct formatting.
  • Plots.
    • In general: you’d better make the titles bigger. Also, you can consider defining a fuction for preparing and creating each type of bar plots (normal - grouped - grouped with 4 columns), since the steps are mostly repeating themselves.
    • Bar plots (normal, not grouped): a good idea is to assign the same color to all bars and also rotate the x-tick labels horizontally.
    • The code cell [56]: a horizontal bar plot would be more suitable here, since we have a lot of bars, and some names are rather long.
    • Grouped bar plots. I’d suggest you to change the variables like blue_bar, orange_bar, etc, with more descriptive names for each case (like men_rating, fan_seen, etc.).

Anyway, great job your project, congratulations!
Hope my suggestions were useful.

1 Like

Thanks so much again for all the great feedback!
I corrected just about everything and more. The only thing I didn’t do is change code line [56] to a horizontal bar - instead I just made it larger and more readable because I think it looks better now this way.

You’re always super helpful! Thanks again!

1 Like

Resubmitting my guided project here after all my corrections:

https://app.dataquest.io/jupyter/notebooks/notebook/Star%20Wars%20Guided%20Project.ipynb#

Star+Wars+Guided+Project (2).ipynb (595.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Great job @ywbadri! I noticed that you also made the bars wider and rotate the x-tick labels, which is also a good alternative to horizontal bars.

And congratulations on becoming a Community champion this week for both of your projects! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you!! Couldn’t have done it without your help! :smile:

1 Like