Blue Week Special Offer | Brighten your week!
days
hours
minutes
seconds

Star Wars Survey PROJECT REVIEW REQUIRED

HELLO Everyone,

I just completed guided project. All of the steps performed completely fine but I am having problem in Columns [3:9] values. Your any lead will be appreciated.

Thank You.Star Wars Survey - Project.ipynb (206.4 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @parthpatel9414. I had a look at your guided project and figured out the issue with the columns. If you have a look at the star_wars dataframe for these columns, you’ll notice that there are no True values, only False or NaN. This is why when you get further down and start graphing with these columns, you end up with blanks, because there are no True values to add.

If you go back to where you renamed your columns, we can have a look at the dictionary where the True values were supposed to come from:

true_false = {"Star Wars: Episode I  The Phantom Menace": True,
              "Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones":True,
              "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith":True,
              "Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope": True,
              "Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back": True,
              "tar Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi": True,
              np.NaN: False}

In the dictionary, the values have to match exactly (including spaces) in order for the code to work. Scrolling back up to the beginning where you printed star_wars.head(), you’ll find the values that you can copy and paste there. For example, having a look at Episode II, we have:

Star Wars: Episode II  Attack of the Clones

There’s actually 2 spaces between the “II” and “Attack”.

Once you have the dictionary fixed up, rerun the cells, and you should see those other columns show up in the bar graphs.

2 Likes

Thank You @april.g for your prompt response! I will work on it and reupload it.

I have updated columns and it is working perfectly great. Could please review it again and any additional changes that I can make to make it more impactful.

Thank You again, @april.g
Star Wars Survey - Project.ipynb (172.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

I’m glad it’s working perfectly now!

You have a really strong start with a good introduction and explaining the findings for the reader as you go. You may want to follow that up with a conclusion that wraps everything up (and add your findings for the gender-split graphs). The graphs will be more impactful with titles and labeling the axes to help the reader follow along with your findings.

Thanks for sharing your update. :slight_smile:

Thank You April for your update. I will make changes to it and reupload it.

This issue happends when one copies the output of star_wars.head() as opposed to print(star_wars.head()). For some reason one space gets deleted in the first instance.