Synthax errors in python

Please can someone help me identify synthax errors in the following line of code…
rating = float(row[7])
price = float(row[4].
I have been getting synthax errors on this line of codes and I really don’t know what is wrong. Thanks.

Could it be missing parenthesis in the last line? :thinking:
Will this work for you?

rating = float(row[7])
price = float(row[4])

That was actually a mistake typing here
It was meant to be:
price = float (row[4])

you can check here.

Could it be an indentation error in line 7? It’s hard to tell because of all the line wrapping.

Pro tip: You should not code on you mobile phone :wink:

Check this answer here, probably it may help.

Oh…Okay, How do I continue with learning this?
Am really desperate. I need it.

Thanks You so much .

Hey, Amosdaramola. If this answer helped you get past the issue, please consider marking it as a solution.

If you must write with your phone, you can view the data-quest page in desktop view from your mobile browser. This makes the code ‘more executable’, although the text becomes smaller. Enjoy learning

It seems like rating = float(row[7]) and price = float(row[4]) are on the same line. You should put them on separate lines. And don’t forget the indentation (4 spacebars), so Python knows the line is inside the loop.

Your indentation is obviously 3 spaces, make them 4 spaces and run the code again. I hope this helps.

rating = float(row[7])
price = float(row[4])

@amosdaramola956 You marked my reply as a solution, but I didn’t help you. You should mark as an answer the reply that solved your problem.
Thanks!