The Best MotoGP Rider Ever

Is Valentino Rossi the most successful rider in MotoGP?

Based on the results of the analysis obtained the results that:

1. Giacomo Agostini became the most successful racer in MotoGP, Valentino Rossi the second most successful racer in MotoGP.
  2. However, Valentino Rossi became the racer with the highest number of wins (Podium).
  3. Marc Marquez is the most successful MotoGP racer who is still active.
  4. About 40% of the championships are won by these top seeded players.
  5. More than 50% of the wins went to the top 10 players.
  6. Winning the championship is much more difficult than getting the win, 2nd or 3rd place.
  7. Because the number of pole positions increases the chances of winning the world championship and getting a win also increases.
  8. The world championship depends on the number of pole positions and wins.

Datasets : MotoGP World Championship

Here’s the science behind it : here

Or you can see here
is-rossi-the-most-successful-rider.ipynb (1.3 MB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

5 Likes

Hi @nrwprad,

Interesting and great project! I enjoyed viewing your graphs and charts especially the word cloud.

Great job explaining your analysis and results in your above post. You may consider adding your notes within the project to help guide the reader through your project. Here is a link to a style guide that details how to add introduction, subheadings and a conclusion.

Please click on the below triangle bullets to view additional suggestions:

Limit category items on charts

Your tables and graphs are great in further explaining your analysis, but you may want to limit the number of category items to 10-12 so your chart is easier to read.

Add a short explanation to graphs and charts

You may also consider adding a short explanation to explain what the graph results mean:

Remove warnings

Here is a link to an article that may help you remove the below warning:

WARNING: Running pip as the 'root' user can result in broken permissions and conflicting behaviour with the system package manager. It is recommended to use a virtual environment instead: 
you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages.

Great job completing Best MotoGP Rider Ever project analysis!

4 Likes

Hello @nrwprad,

@Casandra_Hayward has given you a great review so I’m not going to review deeply.

My only suggestion is to try to standardize the language you use throughout the project. I can see that you occassionally used Bahasa Indonesia/Bahasa Melayu or something like that and at other times, you used English. Even if your readers are bilingual and can understand both English and Bahasa, standardizing the language used is a good practice especially if you want the project to look professional. It also reduces the possibility of mixing things up when switching from one language to another.

I know a bit of Bahasa Melayu myself so if you need some help with translating some words or sentences to English, feel free to ask for help.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Thank you @Casandra_Hayward and @wanzulfikri , I will fix it

4 Likes

No worries @nrwprad.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Cool bruh @nrwprad , nice share thank you :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Hi @nrwprad,

Thanks for sharing, so many different types and styles of visualizations! They have my head spinning thinking of all the possible ways I can incorporate them into my future projects!

Shaun

1 Like