The Mean , Screen 9

In this exrecise , I absolutely didn’t understand the instruction below . It is totally confusing.

I have not seen Point 3 in the previous missions of sampling . This seems a totally new concept.

1. Set the seed to 4 to make your result reproducible.
  2. Compute the mean of the SalePrice variable. Save the result as parameter . We’ll assume that the data we have is a population relative to the question “What’s the mean sale price of a house in Ames, Iowa for the period 2006-2010?”.
  3. Before we can generate samples of several sizes, let’s generate a vector of different sample sizes.
  • The minimum size will be 5.
  • The maximum size will be 2,876.
  • The sizes between the minimum and maximum are separated by 29 (so that we will have a vector of 100 sizes).
  • To achieve that, you’ll need to generate a sequence from 5 by 29 of size 100.
  • Save this sequence as sample_sizes .

I have not seen Point 3 in the previous missions of sampling . This seems a totally new concept.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your question. We will make this more precise.

To answer your question to generate a sequence in R, you can use the seq() function.

For example: seq(from = 1, to = 10, by = 2) outputs [1] 1 3 5 7 9.

We didn’t teach it in the statistics intermediate course because we already taught it in the previous statistics course. I let you look at the documentation (you can play with the parameters for different results).

I hope I answered your question otherwise don’t hesitate to come back to me.

Thank you.

@sharathnandalike just tagging you to make sure you will see this