The practice mode

Why there are many questions in the practice mode based on things that we haven’t been taught in the course.
While I am studying, I feel very confident because I manage to answer the questions embedded during the explanation course.
I know it is very important to solve problems, but I can’t solve what I don’t have the tools for it to solve.
I am an absolute beginner and I have decided to stop completing missions in the practice mode because I get frustrated.
Am I right or not?
Thanks

1 Like

I completely agree with you that some of these practice problems are quite challenging, especially at the beginning of the learning process (I was also quite a beginner in programming before the DQ). I also had the same frustration about some of them, even about the whole sections. Well, personally what I did, at some point I decided to postpone some particularly difficult practice problems. Of course first I tried googling the ways of solving them, but sometimes I realized that I was not ready yet to understand some concepts. Then later, after some further studying on the main course, I was returning to those unsolved problems, and it was much easier for me to understand and solve them. I still have some practice problems from the previous missions which I have to return to, but I still feel scared about them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What you did is the same thing I am going to do, I think it is the best thing to do especially at the beginning.
You have made me happy because I have known that I am not alone in what I feel :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:, thanks.

1 Like

Sure! Any learning process should be, of course, a little bit challenging, but not up to a complete exhaustion and burning out. It’s much more important to always maintain the enthusiasm and interest for learning rather than resolving all the problems in a hurry and with a lot of frustration, risking to give up soon, especially at the beginning of the way. So don’t stress yourself too much, take a pause with resolving the most scaring practice problems and return to them later, when you feel more confident about resolving them :innocent:

1 Like