Trouble loading packages, specifically pandas_datareader, in PyCharm

I get this error - Traceback (most recent call last): File “/Users/mac/PycharmProjects/pythonProject/PF/PF_1.py”, line 4, in import matplotlib.pyplot as plt ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘matplotlib’

I am attempting to analysis some stocks. I have just downloaded and set up PyCharm and I believe I have introduced a python interpreter into my environment also.

I have also tried to install pandas_datareader , unistall pandas_datareader, reload PyCham and re-install pandas_datareader (via command line) unto my system however I am still getting this error. How can I overcome this ?

I will also need to install other packages that do not come with Anaconda, would the process be the same ?

Make sure to use the same interpreter as mentioned in these articles:

Not really familiar with the pycharm environment but using pip should work (make sure to install all the tools in the same environment and use pip list to check. I reckon you will be also using Conda tools to you may choose to create a conda envrionment.

conda create --name <env_name>
conda activate <env_name>

Thanks ! I was able to resolve my issue with your help @masterryan.prof

@zainab.lowonifari: If my answer helped you do you mind marking it as the solution? Thanks!