Visualizing Earnings Based on College Majors for review: my variation on the guided project

Hello to everyone!

As several students more, I was a little bit confused by the instructions and couldn´t understand why certain questions were asked in relation to certain plots. So I decided to step outside from the suggested path to do the visual exploration on my own.

As a result, I´ve got kind of an data based article that may help with choosing a college major.

The feedback from the community is more than welcome. If you see any misconclusions or way to improve the project, I´ll highly appreciate it.

The pragmatic way to choose your college major.ipynb (575.1 KB)

Github link:

2 Likes

Very nice! I really liked how you took the instructions only as a starting point, and then went your own way exploring the data, finding interesting stuff.
E.g. I really like the plot with the titles ‘Median earning and average number of students per category of major’ and those that follow after that, focusing on the ‘categories’. They are very insightful.
Also nice combination of ‘code’ and ‘comments’!

Thank you! Glad you liked it. While working on some additional steps of the previous project (german ebay), I discovered a .groupby() function and now I always see some interesting possibilities to use it.

1 Like