Welcome to the Dataquest Community!
Whether you’re new to the field or looking to take a step up in your career, this community can help you connect with other passionate learners around the world.
This community is here to encourage collaboration with your peers, facilitate opportunities to grow as a Data Scientist, and bring a global community of passionate learners together. We aim to bring together Dataquest’s diverse students and provide them with an experience that is better than the feeling of an in-person classroom.
You can leverage our Community in a variety of ways:
1. Stuck while going through Dataquest content?
This Community is the best place for you to get your questions answered fast!
Our generous community members help each other in solving problems as they learn data skills. That’s why you’re never alone when you self-learn through Dataquest.
2. Read Success Stories:
Learners like to share their success stories in our Community. Take a look at what other learners, just like you, have accomplished with Dataquest to get yourself motivated:
- How I learnt Data Science in 175 days as a complete beginner
- I got admitted to a foreign university due to the DQ course
- Finished My First Personal Project Post-R Pathway - Analyzing Gym memberships
- Successfully Finished Data Analyst Path in Python
- DataQuest helped me to get my dream job
- Finally landed a job with data analysis in the job description
- I am officially employed!
- The project that landed me my first data science job
- My DataQuest Story -COVID-19 scholarship
- A huge “Thank You” and “You rock!” to Dataquest!
3. Get motivated:
We understand that self-learning is difficult. Sometimes, it can be challenging to find the motivation to continue learning. If you ever find yourself struggling this way, our kind community members can uplift you.
See it for yourself:
- Hey there, brave self-learner!
- Unable to remember
- Anyone else struggling with motivation during the current situation?
- Overwhelmed myself
- Python Help - Struggling
4. Share and review Data Science Projects:
We recognize the value of having good projects on your resume. We also recognise the value of getting timely feedback. This is why we have created a community culture where learners can give and receive constructive feedback on their hardwork.
- Guided project ‘Exploring Hacker News Post’: feedback welcome
- Looking for feedback: NYC high school data
- I’ve made an interactive map for the Star Wars Survey project!
And when you’re ready to start with a project of your own, we invite you share it with the community!
- I made a project inspired by the Spam Filter Guided Project and it turned out amazing!
- I hope this is not a problem, but I scraped the Community
- WhatsApp Chat Analyzer
I’m so excited you’re here and we can’t wait to see what you accomplish.
Remember, whenever you have a feedback/suggestion about the community, you can shoot me a message in the community itself! Or, you can also send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
But before you dive in - I’d love to know more about you! Reply to this post and tell me:
Where you’re located
What you’re hoping to learn while using Dataquest
Click the reply button and tell me below