Words broken in sentence

Screen Link:
https://app.dataquest.io/m/350/guided-project%3A-profitable-app-profiles-for-the-app-store-and-google-play-markets/2/opening-and-exploring-the-data

My Code:

print("These columns could help us in analysis of the best apps in the Apple App Store: price, user rating, prime genre, and size bytes.")
print("In Google Play, the features listed are useful for determining the best apps. It's helpful to look at the data in more detail to determine which ones are most important.")

What I expected to happen:
These columns could help us in analysis of the best apps in the Apple App Store: price, user rating, prime genre, and size bytes.
In Google Play, the features listed are useful for determining the best apps. It’s helpful to look at the data in more detail to determine which ones are most important.

What actually happened:
These columns could help us in analysis of the best apps in the A
pple App Store: price, user rating, prime genre, and size bytes.
In Google Play, the features listed are useful for determining th
e best apps. It's helpful to look at the data in more detail to d
etermine which ones are most important.

Replace this line with the output/error

<!--Enter other details below: -->

Hello @vroomvroom

Your question is not clear. What you expect to happen and What actually happened looks the same.

Sorry, here’s a screenshot. The words ‘Apple’, ‘the’, and ‘determine’, in What actually happened, are split between two lines.

@vroomvroom,

Is this happening on Dataquest’s Jupyter notebook interface?

Yes, it’s in the Dataquest Jupyter notebook interface.

@vroomvroom,

If it is, the words in the sentence are not broken rather they are printed out such that the length of the interface can accommodate it.
Increasing the size of the Jupyter notebook interface will solve this.

1 Like

Is it also because I used the print command instead of making it a markdown cell?

@vroomvroom

No, it doesn’t matter whether you use the print command or use the markdown cell, the length of the sentence in the Jupyter Notebook Interface on DataQuest corresponds to the width of the interface.

Once you increase the width of the Jupyter Notebook interface, more words will be printed out on each row.

Let me know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks, it kind of solves the problem. I was able to get more words printed on each row but changing the width affects other words as well. I guess it’s just something that varies as I vary the width of the interface?

@vroomvroom

Yes, that’s correct but I would advise that you use the markdown cell since the code block only contains code that prints out only strings, the words won’t be broken in this case but the words printed on each row will still vary as you vary the width of the interface.

1 Like