Would you be so kind as to tell me your opinion about my Visualizing Earnings Project? 🤗

I would like to share with you my last project >🌟 <

I’ve learned more than I imagined:

• I have found the need to know how to interpret the graphs (…lot of reading on sites ).

• Use one or another graph, i.e bar plots vs. scatter plots

• The importance of the quickpandas plotting stuff or the detailedmatplotlib libraries in this ecosystem.

I have the feeling that I really enjoyed and little by little I have been internalizing the work. I would love to know your opinion about my work and listen to futhers improvements

Still in touch, and thx.

A&E.

I would like to share with you this project. I have found the need to know how to interpret the graphs, when to use one or another graph and the importance that this affects in the libraries of pandas and matplotlib functions. I have the feeling that I have enjoyed and that little by little I have been internalizing the work, I hope it serves you.

:star2: Here the link to the project

in the DQ editor the graphics do not work correctly (right now I will warn to DQ) , so I recommend that you download it:

My Jupyter Notebook info:

- The version of the notebook server is: **6.1.5**

- Python 3.8.12 (default, Oct 12 2021, 13:49:34) [GCC 7.5.0]

- Current Kernel Information:

Python 3.8.12 (default, Oct 12 2021, 13:49:34) 
  Type 'copyright', 'credits' or 'license' for more information
 IPython 7.29.0 -- An enhanced Interactive Python. Type '?' for help.

Guided Project Visualizing Earnings Based On College Majors_version_DQ.ipynb (1.5 MB)

Thank you, anything do not hesitate to tell me.

A&E.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

hi @Edelberth

This is a delayed response. Nevertheless, great work on this project. :+1: Especially that you enjoyed working on and learning from it.

I would like to suggest a few points, you can revamp this same project or take them in future projects.

• A title explains a lot about the plot and the data that is being visualized. Even if you are trying to show the same data with multiple plots, you may mention that out as a title; for example:
    - “This” vs “That” in Bar Chart format.
    - “This” vs “That” in Line Chart Plot.
    - Or “Distribution of X” using a Pie Chart.

• It may be that you are trying to show your learning progress within the scope of the same project. If that’s the case then this feedback may be kept for other projects you will work on progressively.

• try to have consistency such as figure size, colour scheme, the orientation of plots etc.
    • either use labels or add additional comments to your plots citing the value scale, for example, 0.01 may represent absolute 0.01 or maybe it’s 1%.
      To elaborate, say the unemployment rate is 0.175. Assuming its percentage, we are saying 17.5% of students remain unemployed if they take x major(s). I would like to know which majors/ courses are these. Because for say “y” major the unemployment rate is just 2.5%.
  • This may not be necessarily feedback but an extra question/task. When you are plotting similar plots but for multiple columns try if you can achieve that using for-loop or similar construct.

Have fun with your learning, play around with various plotting libraries. Thank you for sharing your project with the DQ community.

Happy learning!

2 Likes

Hello @Rucha on’t worry, no one is late.

This project for me has been the beginning of a few things, at the moment the projects I do are done with the intention of learning about what I am doing, but the idea is that when I feel that I am laying a slightly more solid foundations these projects I want to adjust them and therefore everything you tell me I take into account.

• A title explains a lot about the plot and the data that is being visualized. Even if you are trying to show the
    same data with multiple plots, you may mention that out as a title; for example:
    • “This” vs “That” in Bar Chart format.
    • “This” vs “That” in Line Chart Plot.
    • Or “Distribution of X” using a Pie Chart.

I have realized that I want to cover everything and those small details escape me very often. I thank you for telling me because it is very true.

It may be that you are trying to show your learning progress within the scope of the same project. If that’s the case then this feedback may be kept for other projects you will work on progressively.

• try to have consistency such as figure size, colour scheme, the orientation of plots etc.
  • either use labels or add additional comments to your plots citing the value scale, for example, 0.01 may represent absolute 0.01 or maybe it’s 1%.
    To elaborate, say the unemployment rate is 0.175. Assuming its percentage, we are saying 17.5% of students remain unemployed if they take x major(s). I would like to know which majors/ courses are these. Because for say “y” major the unemployment rate is just 2.5%.

The things that all of you tell me here I write them down in a text file, so that I do not forget when I am with some project. This is one of those things that should not be forgotten. thanks again.

• This may not be necessarily feedback but an extra question/task. When you are plotting similar plots but for multiple columns try if you can achieve that using for-loop or similar construct.

True, also the use of instruction for is one of those things that visually I like a lot, and I find it super ingenious to apply it to the graphs, so…

Have fun with your learning, play around with various plotting libraries. Thank you for sharing your project with the DQ community.

Thank you for your kind words and that allow me to move forward, it is very clear that your comments to me are increasingly of great value.

Happy learning!

Thank you very much for your time and attention, I know that visualizing the project take notes and write a post so it takes time, I repeat. Thanks a lot.

Happy Learning + Thx’s

A&E.

1 Like

That’s a cool feedback on a feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like